May 10, 2020 admin 0
Insulin resistance is a state in which the Insulin produced by the body, has a more reduced biochemical effect than is required to maintain proper metabolic function. In essence, problems arise when the cells stop responding to insulin as they are supposed to. A study conducted in 2002 showed that nearly a third of the […]More
May 4, 2020 admin 0
Anyone interested in the field of Nutrition and health may already know that metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions associated with a greatly increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other potentially debilitating conditions. Studies which have examined the root and cause of metabolic syndrome have generally presented different results and ideas on how to tackle the […]More
April 27, 2020 admin 0
Sodium Nitrite is an inorganic compound with a variety of applications in industry, including its use in food production. In particular, sodium nitrite is added to processed meats mainly as a preservative to prevent spoilage and contamination from handling and processing. It also serves as a safeguard against handling by the consumer who may contaminate […]More
- Artificial Sweeteners in Drinks.
- Homogenised Milk & Cardiovascular Disease.
- Fruit, Vegetables and Pesticides.
- Barbecue Meats, Carcinogens and Health.
- Water : Tap vs Filtered vs Bottled
- Should you stop drinking instant coffee ?
- Fish Oils and Type II Diabetes
- The Mediterranean Diet and Metabolic Syndrome X.
- Foods you might think are healthy (but aren’t).
- Processed Meats and Sodium Nitrite.